There are a number of models relating to EI, but for simplification, we have used the description by Daniel Goleman which focuses on EI as a wide array of competencies and skills that drive leadership performance. Goleman’s model outlines four main EI constructs:
— Self-awareness – the ability to read one’s emotions and recognize their impact while using gut feelings to guide decisions.
— Self-management – involves controlling one’s emotions and impulses and adapting to changing circumstances.
— Social awareness – the ability to sense, understand, and react to others’ emotions while comprehending social networks.
— Relationship management – the ability to inspire, influence, and develop others while managing conflict.
- The Inner Game of Success – Change Self-Image Process
- Comparison of EQ Tests
- Infographic: 10 Quotes on Self Awareness
- Self-Knowledge Through Self-Assessments
- Building EQ Communities Here and Everywhere
- Dealing with Crisis – Part I: From Haze to Clarity in 8 steps
- Creating Happy Relationships: I am so in love and keeping it! Part 1
- Is your child happy with healthy self concepts?
- In the garden of choices
- Facing Something New in Life and want it to be successful?
- The Impact of Rude Behaviour on a Business
- An NLP Master Practitioner Program unlike any other
- How to build great relationships – tip for the day
- Mixed Impressions: How We Judge Others on Multiple Levels
- Tips on how to get a grip on Stress, part 2
- Metaphors we live by (Part 1)
- Tips on how to get a grip on Stress, part 1
- NLP Training Schedule for Australia, New Zealand and China
- Change Your Thinking – Change Your Feelings
- NLP Practitioner Training for 2010 in Brisbane, on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast
- Effective Communication
- Building Emotional Intelligence
- How to Get Smarter, One Breath at a Time (TIME)
- Books Recommended for NLP Practitioners
- Can a person be trained in Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Who Takes NLP Training?
- Social Intelligence and Leadership
- Jobs Are The New Assets
- Your Brain on Leadership? Assess Yourself!
- Emotional Choice – Lessons from the great Professor Albert Ellis
- Public Workshop – Tuesday, 9 September 08. Topic: What Colour is your emotion?